thank you for your interest in working at jfbb!
Hiring for all seasonal jobs for the 2017/2018 Winter Season will begin in the fall. If you are interested in a winter job at JFBB please check back then to apply online.
Currently we have the following position(s) available at JFBB:
Basic Function – Job Summary – The Senior POS Business Analyst is responsible for working with business users to understand and document the business requirements for new functionality and translate business requirements into business specifications. They will be responsible for reviewing all of our business specifications with the Peak Resorts Technology department. The Senior POS Business Analyst will also be responsible for reviewing the Peak Resorts proposed new functionality and use cases to ensure that their requested functionality will support our corporate vision. The Senior POS Business Analyst job function will include creation/execution of all test plans required for the new functionality and communication of all new functionality to our Senior Management Team. The Senior POS Business Analyst will also act as Tier II support for all POS helpdesk calls. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage and support the ongoing development, test, deployment and maintenance of POS solutions (accesso Siriusware, Digital Dining, Resort Data Processing and Springer Miller). Manage current system operations. Assist all management levels to make informed business decisions and drive efficiencies.
- Assist with creating standardized product setup to support multi resort reporting to assist management, marketing, and accounting groups including review and optimizing of existing product sets
- Assist with requested reporting to assist in the assessment of business goals, manage POS/PMS security, and provide accounting information.
- Manage register and station configuration settings, system changes and user accounts. Perform and manage application, os and hardware installation. Maintain POS information, including pricing, menus, POS navigation, package setup, etc.
- Execute additional system implementation tasks, configuration, testing and debugging to support the Point of Sale and Back Office systems. Oversee equipment logistical functions and provide technical and functional support for all POS users and other support personnel.
- Implement accesso Siriusware at newly acquired or other chosen Peak properties.
- Support other applications, which may include reservation system, credit cards, etc.
- Manage integration of POS/PMS Systems with other third party systems such as reporting, customer relationship, payment platform, and business intelligence systems.
- Provide training and support documentation on all technical aspects of our POS/PMS systems including operating instructions, modification documentation, and trouble shooting and recovery documentation. Organize and lead training. Develop Power Users at the local resort level.
- Develop and maintain the corporate knowledge base for POS and associated databases and systems.
- Create change control procedures and documentation, create test plans and carry out all system testing.
- Act as the Tier II/III escalation point for help desk cases to ensure timely and accurate closure of issues. Inform management concerning problem reporting, tracking and resolution
- Manage the installation of any new systems or releases to existing systems. Manage operations and staff in functions such as staging, building and repairing POS equipment, installing operating systems and software and receiving and shipping replacement and new equipment.
- Assist in budget preparation as needed.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Manage multiple tasks and apply appropriate priorities through the application of basic project management techniques and principles
- Function as System Administrator for multiple POS software packages, which includes daily/weekly jobs, electronic maintenance, reporting, and data processing and systems backups. Document system requirements and specifications
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week, but additional hours may be required as circumstance arise. Must be able and willing to work weekends during winter season, and other times of the year as needed to support business operations. Must have the ability to be on-call and carry a cell phone to support after hour emergencies. Must be willing to work additional off-hour work in cases of suspected security concerns, system malfunctions, upgrades, etc.
- Travel as needed to meet job requirements
- Ability to work without close supervision and maintain productivity
Qualifications: Associates degree preferred in computer science, business or related field plus 3-5 years of experience in retail or hospitality setting, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Prior experience in front line customer service required.
- Experience required in training users and other support staff.
- Experience creating training documentation
- Basic desktop computer hardware troubleshooting and experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems is required.
- Prior experience with PC operating systems, communications, data base systems, and client/server systems is required.
- System analyzation and implementation required.
- Experience with configuration of accesso Siriusware highly desired.
- Experience with the configuration of Spring-Miller, Resort Data Processing or Digital Dining also preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and task oriented
- The highest degree of confidentiality is expected for all departmental and Company information
Please submit resume along with online application to be considered for this position.Apply Online Now
Jack Frost Mountain seeks an experienced electrician to undertake a variety of tasks in our Lift Maintenance Department. Essential responsibilities include troubleshooting 480 volt systems, including AC & DC variable speed lift drives powering ski lifts. Your job will also involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, snowmaking equipment and troubleshooting malfunctions, blackouts and repairing appliances.
Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions. The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems.
The goal will be to produce and maintain well-functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of electricity in all facilities.
- If not already experienced, learn PA lift codes for compliance with state regulations
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting and other electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment and other systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- Assist management & crew in all phases of lift maintenance
- Perform all daily, weekly, monthly & annual lift checks as required by maintenance and state regulations
- Proven experience as an electrician
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight
- Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician
- Valid license to practice profession
Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, primarily including winter weather.
This is a full time, year round benefit eligible position at Jack Frost Mountain. Please submit resume along with online application.Apply Online Now