Thank you for your interest in working at jfbb!
We are currently accepting applications for the following seasonal positions at Jack Frost and Big Boulder
At the present time, you must 18 or older to apply for these open positions
Lead Mechanic – Big Boulder
Big Boulder Ski Area in Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania is seeking a qualified, energetic and experienced individual to become a valued member of our team. We currently have an opening for a Lead Mechanic. This position is full time, year round and encompasses all aspects of keeping our transportation and snow machine fleet up and running which is an integral part of the overall success of Big Boulder. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including health/dental insurances, 401(k), vacation and paid time off. Please include a resume with your online application.
Key requirements & duties for this position include:
- Heavy equipment maintenance experience, and operation is required.
- Perform mechanic maintenance and repair of all vehicles
- Must have full knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Diesel experience necessary
- Capable of performing varied maintenance levels from routine to extensive
- Ability to follow supply ordering guidelines and complete all paperwork as required
- Willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Must have own tools
- During the ski season shift is 12 hours per day, 6 days a week which includes non-traditional work hours such as weekends and holidays. Off-season work schedule is four 10 hour days (Monday - Thursday)
- This position will hire, train and supervise at least 1 seasonal employee for the department
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, management & guests
- Other duties as assigned