Thank you for your interest in working at jfbb!
We will be hosting a job fair in order to meet, interview and give out information to anyone interested in seasonal employment at JFBB. We are looking for friendly, energetic and hard-working winter enthusiasts to join our team. Representatives from each department will be on hand for you to speak with.
The JFBB Job Fair is the hiring event of the season if you're interested in a winter job at one of our two resorts! The bulk of our hiring will be conducted with the people we meet at the Job Fair. Be prepared to discuss your previous work experience, the area you're interested in working in and how you can contribute to making JFBB a success.
If you are selected for a seasonal position at JFBB you will be required to complete new hire paperwork, in person at the Human Resources Office, and attend orientation all prior to your first day of work.
Here's all the info that you need to know about the 2017 JFBB Job Fair:
- Saturday, November 11, 2017
- 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM
- Jack Frost Summit Lodge - Route 940 between Blakeslee & White Haven
- We will be hiring seasonal employees at both Jack Frost & Big Boulder
- Download and bring a completed JFBB Application for Employment with you (or complete one at the Job Fair)
- You may apply online in advance, however we recommend attending the Job Fair to be interviewed
See you at the 2017 JFBB Job Fair!
We will be hiring for the following position(s) at JFBB:
Chairlift Attendants & Operators are one of the foundations of a ski areas success. We are looking for personable individuals who don't mind working in the great outdoors in any weather condition. Lift attendants & operators can be expected to be the first on the hill and last to leave each and every day and are responsible for the safe operation of super expensive piece of machinery, while constantly providing superior guest service and safety for all. You must be at least 18 years old, available a variety of shifts including days, nights and weekends. Please indicate your preference for Jack Frost or Big Boulder on your application (remember, the hours of operation are different at both ski areas).Apply Online Now
Food and Beverage
We have a wide range of outlets at JFBB that are fast food style settings. We serve everything from your basic burgers and fries to specialty salads, pizza, burritos and sandwiches. Our cafeterias are extremely fast-paced environments where quality food preparation and safety will be our utmost goal. If you're interested in feeding the masses then this job will be perfect for you. We have openings for a variety of shifts, however most positions that we have available currently will require weekend work. Please indicate your preference for Jack Frost or Big Boulder on your application (remember, the hours of operation are different at both ski areas).Apply Online Now
Welcome to the wonderful world of snowtubing. Our snowtubing facilities are considered a resort within the resort! We feel that JFBB has the best snowtubing areas where thousands of guests have a blast each winter. But, we need highly enthusiastic people to help our operation run smoothly. Snowtubing Chute Monitors are the traffic cops who need to keep guests sliding down the hill at the appropriate intervals and ensuring they exit the area safely. Snowtubing Lift Operators are responsible for operating the tow/carpet lift which guests ride on their way to the top of the hill (must be 18 for the lift operator position). All Snowtubing staff members can expect to work outside in all weather conditions and for prolonged periods of time. We have openings for a variety of shifts that include weekend days and nights and midweek evenings. Please indicate your preference for Jack Frost or Big Boulder on your application (remember, the hours of operation are different at both ski areas).Apply Online Now
This key position requires someone who will do whatever it takes to keep our beautiful resort clean! These positions include a multitude of tasks that include all aspects of cleaning inside and outside from floors, tabletops, counters, bathrooms to windows (yes, you must do windows!) and snow removal. Please indicate your preference for Jack Frost or Big Boulder on your application (remember, the hours of operation are different at both ski areas).Apply Online Now
Ski & Snowboard School
Want to be a part of the best group of Ski and Snowboard Instructors on the East Coast? We are accepting registrations for the 2017/18 Instructor Training Course. In order to apply for an instructor position at Jack Frost and Big Boulder, you must attend our Instructor Training Course, click here for more information and to register.Apply Online Now
Food and Beverage
This job title says it all, runner. In this position you will be required to run stock to all food outlets including lounges and ensure that inventories are plentiful and available for guests. You will be required to lift in excess of 50 pounds, unload delivery trucks, must be capable of restocking outlets in a timely manner and anticipate needs based on customer volume. You must be over age 18 and have a valid driver’s license. Positions are available at Jack Frost and Big Boulder, please indicate your preference on your application for which ski area you'd like to be considered for.Apply Online Now
This department is where it all happens at JFBB. Our rental shops cater to hundreds of guests who want to get onto the slopes but don't have their own equipment to do so. We will provide training and certification to rental technicians on how to fit skis, snowboards and boots. This is an indoor position and requires you to be super helpful, friendly and you must pay very close attention to detail when setting and adjusting equipment. This position is only available for those people age 18 or older. Please indicate your preference for Jack Frost or Big Boulder on your application (remember, the hours of operation are different at both ski areas).Apply Online Now
As a ticket seller you are usually one of the first people our guests get to meet! Therefore, ticket sellers must have a great knowledge of our products, services, conditions and just a general overall desire to be friendly & helpful! Ticket sellers will conduct transactions which involve cash, credit cards and area based coupons/promos. You must be computer literate and will utilize and be trained on our specialized ticketing system.Apply Online Now
JFBB is recognized in the industry for our top-notch, cutting edge terrain parks. It takes a group of creative and dedicated people to pull this off. As a member of our park crew you will be out on the mountain using various tools and your good old hands to create these masterpieces out of snow. Our terrain features will be maintained and monitored by park crew during your entire shift – you will be required to be outdoors at all times and must be able to lift items in excess of 20 pounds, shovel and rake snow, push and pull objects on a routine basis.Apply Online Now
Our retail shops at Jack Frost and Big Boulder sell everything from technical clothing to souvenirs. We are looking for a few great people who have experience in a retail setting and some knowledge of the technical clothing lines we carry. Oh, and you must be really, really friendly and helpful! We have openings for a variety of shifts that include weekend days and nights and midweek evenings. Please indicate your preference for Jack Frost or Big Boulder on your application (remember, the hours of operation are different at both ski areas).Apply Online Now
Want to be one of the superstars in the snow business? Then this is the department for you! Snowmakers are responsible for getting the resorts open and maintaining the quality conditions which is the foundation in the ski industry. These positions are reserved for hard-working dedicated people and will require you to be outside in the elements for a long duration of your shift. You will be required to lift and operate snowmaking equipment (in excess of 50 pounds), position it on the mountain and you will be subjected to walking on snow, up an down the mountain at all times. You must be willing and able to work a 12-hour shift in this department (6am-6pm or 6pm-6am). Snowmaking positions are the first openings at JFBB, typically beginning in mid to late November. Please indicate your preference for Jack Frost or Big Boulder on your application and note whether you’d like day shift (6am to 6pm) or night shift (6pm to 6am).Apply Online Now
Food and Beverage
We are currently seeking outdoor cooks at our Boulder Park Lodge. The outdoor cook position is primarily weekends only and you should be prepared to work outside in the winter weather elements preparing various grill type foods such as grilled sandwiches, burgers & dogs. No experience needed, but you must love with winter weather!Apply Online Now
Our Guest Service staff are the front line with the folks who love to visit JFBB. As a member of the Guest Service Team you will be responsible for a variety of duties which includes selling and processing Season Passes, answering phones, selling tickets and resolving customer issues. The perfect candidate for these positions must be very versatile and able to keep cool under pressure. The Guest Service desk is a fast paced environment and if think that you're up to the challenge we'd love to hear from you. Previous customer service experience is preferred but not necessary.Apply Online Now
Our Parking Lot Attendants are the outdoor Guest Service team. You will be responsible for directing traffic in our parking lots, loading & unloading areas and must have the ability to give complete and accurate information to the guests visiting JFBB. You must be willing to work outside for the majority of your shift, be friendly and have knowledge of what JFBB has to offer. You may also be tasked with shoveling snow to keep walkways & entryways clear. All Parking Lot Attendant shifts are available on weekends and holidays only.Apply Online Now
Basic Function – Job Summary – The Senior POS Business Analyst is responsible for working with business users to understand and document the business requirements for new functionality and translate business requirements into business specifications. They will be responsible for reviewing all of our business specifications with the Peak Resorts Technology department. The Senior POS Business Analyst will also be responsible for reviewing the Peak Resorts proposed new functionality and use cases to ensure that their requested functionality will support our corporate vision. The Senior POS Business Analyst job function will include creation/execution of all test plans required for the new functionality and communication of all new functionality to our Senior Management Team. The Senior POS Business Analyst will also act as Tier II support for all POS helpdesk calls. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage and support the ongoing development, test, deployment and maintenance of POS solutions (accesso Siriusware, Digital Dining, Resort Data Processing and Springer Miller). Manage current system operations. Assist all management levels to make informed business decisions and drive efficiencies.
- Assist with creating standardized product setup to support multi resort reporting to assist management, marketing, and accounting groups including review and optimizing of existing product sets
- Assist with requested reporting to assist in the assessment of business goals, manage POS/PMS security, and provide accounting information.
- Manage register and station configuration settings, system changes and user accounts. Perform and manage application, os and hardware installation. Maintain POS information, including pricing, menus, POS navigation, package setup, etc.
- Execute additional system implementation tasks, configuration, testing and debugging to support the Point of Sale and Back Office systems. Oversee equipment logistical functions and provide technical and functional support for all POS users and other support personnel.
- Implement accesso Siriusware at newly acquired or other chosen Peak properties.
- Support other applications, which may include reservation system, credit cards, etc.
- Manage integration of POS/PMS Systems with other third party systems such as reporting, customer relationship, payment platform, and business intelligence systems.
- Provide training and support documentation on all technical aspects of our POS/PMS systems including operating instructions, modification documentation, and trouble shooting and recovery documentation. Organize and lead training. Develop Power Users at the local resort level.
- Develop and maintain the corporate knowledge base for POS and associated databases and systems.
- Create change control procedures and documentation, create test plans and carry out all system testing.
- Act as the Tier II/III escalation point for help desk cases to ensure timely and accurate closure of issues. Inform management concerning problem reporting, tracking and resolution
- Manage the installation of any new systems or releases to existing systems. Manage operations and staff in functions such as staging, building and repairing POS equipment, installing operating systems and software and receiving and shipping replacement and new equipment.
- Assist in budget preparation as needed.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Manage multiple tasks and apply appropriate priorities through the application of basic project management techniques and principles
- Function as System Administrator for multiple POS software packages, which includes daily/weekly jobs, electronic maintenance, reporting, and data processing and systems backups. Document system requirements and specifications
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week, but additional hours may be required as circumstance arise. Must be able and willing to work weekends during winter season, and other times of the year as needed to support business operations. Must have the ability to be on-call and carry a cell phone to support after hour emergencies. Must be willing to work additional off-hour work in cases of suspected security concerns, system malfunctions, upgrades, etc.
- Travel as needed to meet job requirements
- Ability to work without close supervision and maintain productivity
Qualifications: Associates degree preferred in computer science, business or related field plus 3-5 years of experience in retail or hospitality setting, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Prior experience in front line customer service required.
- Experience required in training users and other support staff.
- Experience creating training documentation
- Basic desktop computer hardware troubleshooting and experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems is required.
- Prior experience with PC operating systems, communications, data base systems, and client/server systems is required.
- System analyzation and implementation required.
- Experience with configuration of accesso Siriusware highly desired.
- Experience with the configuration of Spring-Miller, Resort Data Processing or Digital Dining also preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and task oriented
- The highest degree of confidentiality is expected for all departmental and Company information
Please submit resume along with online application to be considered for this position.Apply Online Now
This position deals primarily with the back of house operation. Cash control clerks will prepare, distribute, reconcile cash bags and prepare daily deposits. Strong cash handling skills necessary and must be willing to travel between both ski areas to perform opening and reconciliation procedures as needed.Apply Online Now
Enthusiastic folks are needed at the base of each lift to check/scan lift tickets and season passes for validity. This is an outdoor position where you will need a smile and a great disposition to greet each guest as the approach the chairlift. Must be willing to work outdoors in all winter weather conditions, have the presence of mind to control lines and attention to detail with identifying valid tickets and passes. This position is available for applicants ages 16 or older.Apply Online Now